Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Resident Evil: Afterlife

This is the first movie I watched more than a month after the last one. Back to cinema, back to business, back to reviewing movie.

I chose not to watch the 3D version of the movie so that I won’t be drown into the excitement of watching things popped out of the screen. Such excitement shall blind my judgment.

I believed I made the right choice.

Storyline wise, it was quite straightforward. The only unexpected twist happened after the show comes to an end. There's a shocking revelation. My advice, do not leave your seat immediately after the show ends. Wait and you shall be surprised of what comes next.

The action was cool. Well, with Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter kicking zombies’s a***s, I had no complain about it. Love the action since the first movie.

The shock element put inside was electrifying. In few occasions, a fellow viewer sitting beside me jumped off his seat. I found it very hilarious. I could feel my seat shaking.

Compared to its game franchise however, the movie franchise is less scary. It didn’t have the goosebumps effect that makes us want to close our eyes while still watching it.

For the franchise’s lovers and admirers, watching this movie is worthwhile. But, if you do not want your judgment to be clouded, please watch the normal one.

No comments: