Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Chosen One (Part 1)

It was almost lunch time. As usual, I would print a food order list, stapled it with a small plastic bag to put cash in it and started taking orders from my colleagues. Oh, my… A bachelor degree holder and my job is a food delivery boy? Sigh… But as I looked at a brighter sight, I felt relieved to see the happy faces and listened to the words of appreciation came out from their mouth each time the food were duly delivered to them. I felt that it was my personal happiest time in a lengthy not so happy time.
That story aside, as we were enjoying our lunch, one of my colleagues expressed his desire to eat something.
“Eh, cannot lah…” said another colleague.
“Why?”
“It’s not halal.”
“Is it? Then how about this…” And the conversation went on and on about this and that food whether halal or not.
As I was listening, I found out that most Muslims here in Singapore really care about what they eat and drink. It gives them serenity to eat something when they know it is halal to consume.
It is therefore, some food retailers here in Singapore found that it is important to get a halal certificate from the local Muslims governing body. With this certificate, they can cater the needs of their Muslim customers. Without it, their customers might be limited to only non-Muslim customers and Muslims who do not care what is halal and what is haram.
In my previous article entitled ‘We are so deceived’, I had mentioned that despite that we were so deceived; there is still hope for us to get out of such deception. It is a matter of choice; Halal or haram? What say you? (To be continued…)

2 comments:

myownmind said...

wesss... novel lu gua lambat discover.. tapi besh laaa.. KERAGUAN MUNASABAH tue..

za_imad said...

trimas!