Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Missing Piece

As I was cleaning up my dusty room, I came upon a box. I opened it and found a puzzle board with a picture of a castle. My hands was shaking. My heart was trembling. It was not just another puzzle board. I am not even a fan of it but there it was in my possession. The only one in my possession. A puzzle with a missing piece.
I was so in love that time.
"You're my missing piece. You complete me," I thought. A piece of the puzzle was taken out and given to be kept by someone while I keep the rest.
As times goes by, people move on. Some are able to realize their dreams and promises. Some are not destined to it. For the former, they should be greatful for that as their sweat and tears at last means something. For the latter, their shattered dreams could only mean frustration and sadness. Hearts were broken. Fingers blamefully pointing at others as the culprit. Some even curse their destiny.
I could only have myself to blame. My ignorance and immaturity. Oh, how powerful love is until we are blinded from seeing the reality of life! As I looked at what happened, I know I had done the right thing to repair the damage I made. It comes with a price though... a piece of the puzzle.

No comments: