Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In the Spirit of World Cup!

I was doing my night shift with my partner, Ashaari 'The Cool Man' when I received the news. At first, it didn't really struck to my mind. Israelis attacking the innocents, what so new about it? Tsk... They were the one who killed their Prophets anyway. They treated others as their chattels as mentioned in their Zionist protocols. So, what so different about hijacking a humanitarian convoy ship? There's nothing much to talk about, isn't it? Why not we talk about Shrek or Prince of Persia or i-Pad or the best makan place in JB or the new motorbike model or the latest gossip inside our office? That'll be fun!

Fun it is but when my HP received an SMS from a colleague, I read the SMS and my heart trembled. It was trembeling with sadness and anger. Among the names that were believed to be inside the vessel looks very familiar. It is not a relative or blood bound. Not even a friend but yet a brother to me. In fact, all of them are brothers. A bind thicker than blood. A bind by faith.


All the interests in the worldly matter suddenly faded. So as my patience. How the world will respond to this is not worthy to wonder. Strong statements from the world leaders condemning the acts are expected so as the aggressive road demonstration to make our feeling felt. Oooo I See... No Action Talk Only... Bla, bla, bla...


The inability to force an effective action against the offendor ignites fury and at the same time pours the sadness to my heart. As a small tiny dot... no.. smaller than a dot of this huge universe I could only do this and pray. Should my brothers die there, they will die with honor. Should they live, they will do it with dignity.


When will I? When will we? When will we unite together? In the spirit of the upcoming World Cup, I could only ask myself this question "When will we grow stronger?"

No comments: